Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your big forehead? You’re not alone! A big forehead can be a source of insecurity for many people, but the good news is that there are plenty of hairstyles that can help you conceal it.
In this blog post, we’re going to explore how braids can be used to hide a big forehead and boost your confidence. From box braids to cornrows, we’ll show you different braid styles that can help you create the illusion of a smaller forehead.
We’ll also share tips and tricks on how to care for your braids and keep your hair and scalp healthy. Whether you’re looking for a new hairstyle or just want to try something different, this guide is for you. So, let’s get started!
How To Hide A Big Forehead With Braids
If you have a big forehead, there are a few ways to hide it with braids. Braids can be used to create the illusion of a smaller forehead by framing the face and drawing attention away from the forehead.
Here are some braid styles that can help you hide a big forehead:
- Box Braids: Box braids are a popular protective hairstyle that can be used to conceal a big forehead. They are created by braiding small sections of hair and can be styled in various ways to frame the face.
- Cornrows: Cornrows are a type of braid that is created by braiding the hair close to the scalp. They can be styled in a variety of patterns to frame the face and draw attention away from the forehead.
- French Braids: French braids are a classic braid style that can be used to frame the face and conceal a big forehead. The braid is created by braiding the hair across the forehead, creating the illusion of a smaller forehead.
- Braided Bangs: Braided bangs can be created by braiding a section of hair across the forehead, creating the illusion of a smaller forehead. This style works best for those with a big forehead and short hair.
- Micro Braids: Micro braids are tiny braids that can be used to conceal a big forehead. They are created by braiding small sections of hair and can be styled in various ways to frame the face.
It’s important to keep in mind that not all hairstyles will work for everyone. It’s best to consult with a hair professional to find the best braid style for your face shape, hair type, and lifestyle.
When having braids, it’s important to take good care of your hair and scalp to keep them healthy. Be sure to wash your braids every 2-4 weeks, and use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Apply a moisturizing hair oil or cream to your scalp and hair regularly. Avoid using heavy hair products on your braids, as they can cause buildup and itching.
With the right hairstyle and proper care, you can conceal your big forehead and boost your confidence.
If you have a big forehead, braiding your hair can help to cover it up. Here are 5 easy steps on how to hide a big forehead with braids:
- Start by taking a section of hair at the front of your head and placing it over one ear. Take the other side of the hair and place it over the other ear. Cross these sections in the middle and braid them together. Make sure to keep the braids tight so that they cover your forehead evenly.
- Once you’ve finished braiding your hair, take a section of hair near the front of your head and make a small pigtail. Cross this pigtail in the middle and braid it together again. Secure it with a rubber band or clip.
- Take another section of hair near the front of your head and make a similar pigtail, but this time don’t cross it in the middle – instead, let it dangle down below your earlobe like an earring. Repeat this process until all of your hair has been braided into ponytails or buns.
- Now take each bun or ponytail and twist them around each other once or twice until they forms a knot at the base of your skull – this will secure each bun in place.
- Finally, style your braids as you normally would – by using a curling iron, for example – to create waves or curls
Tips For Styling Your Braids To Hide Your Forehead
If you have a big forehead, braiding your hair can help to hide it. Here are some tips for styling your braids to hide your forehead:
- Go for bigger braids: Bigger braids can help draw attention away from your forehead and frame your face. Box braids, micro braids, and jumbo braids are all great options for this.
- Opt for braids that sit on top of your head: Braids that sit on top of your head, such as cornrows or French braids, can help conceal your forehead and create the illusion of a smaller forehead.
- Add braided bangs: Braided bangs can be created by braiding a section of hair across the forehead, creating the illusion of a smaller forehead. This style works best for those with a big forehead and short hair.
- Try braids with volume: Adding volume to your braids can help create the illusion of a smaller forehead. You can achieve this by braiding your hair in a zig-zag pattern or by adding extensions to your braids.
- Accessorize: Adding hair accessories, such as beads or hair rings, can help draw attention away from your forehead and add interest to your braids.
- Be creative: Be creative with your braids and try different styles and patterns to find what works best for you.
- Consult with a hair professional: A hair professional can help you find the best braid style for your face shape, hair type, and lifestyle, and give you tips on how to style your braids.
Remember, it’s important to take good care of your hair and scalp when you have braids. Be sure to wash your braids every 2-4 weeks, and use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Apply a moisturizing hair oil or cream to your scalp and hair regularly. Avoid using heavy hair products on your braids, as they can cause buildup and itching.
Best Methods To Hide a Big Forehead With Braids
The first technique entails splitting your hair to the side to minimize your forehead while wearing braids. Part the majority of your hair to the side so that it hangs over your forehead in a few places.
You can choose how much shielding your forehead is adequate and how much is too much (without covering your eyes). Your hair can be braided in either a french braid or a conventional braid once you’ve parted it, as long as you keep the angle toward the side with the most hair.
This will maintain the hair’s natural angle, covering more of your forehead. It will stay put if the braid is on the same side. Whether you choose to braid your hair loosely or tightly, after you’re done, bind it with a hair tie.
No matter the texture of your hair or your sense of style, there is a technique to do a side braid that will match your clothing and cover a portion of your forehead. All people can use this fashion effectively.
Multiple Braids in a Side Part
It can be difficult to conceal your forehead if all of your hair is braided. You can still alter your face’s general contour with a side part, though. The simplest method is to simply leave your hair in a side part and style it from there.
A side part will boost the coverage on your forehead whether you braid all of your tiny braids into one larger braid or wear your hair down.
Even better, you can part your hair to the side and braid it into a low bun, a ponytail, or two bigger braids. To keep any bun loose enough to cover your forehead is a crucial reminder.
You might wish to put your hair up if it is loose and not braided in several different directions away from your forehead. We’re not going for a tight bun or ponytail, which might make your forehead appear more pronounced.
Instead, focus on creating a modest, delicate braid crown to frame your face. Despite being difficult to grasp, the braid crown can be a terrific option for occasions like weddings and social gatherings.
French braid your hair from the back of your head outward. For a braid crown, you can follow a YouTube instructional or a step-by-step instruction manual. Tiaras or flowers can be used to highlight a braided crown.
If your hair is already braided, you can still create the braid crown in a variety of ways. A crown made with a fishtail braid has a distinctive design and can be made in a variety of ways. You can use loose braids or hair pieces to frame your face and give yourself a gentle, seductive appearance.
Looking to hide a big forehead with braids? Our tips will show you how to do just that! By following these simple steps, you can create the perfect look for any occasion – whether you’re looking to glam up a casual outfit or go all out for a special event. So put on your braid crown and get ready to slay the day!