720 waves, with their unique and captivating pattern, have gained significant popularity in the world of hairstyling. These highly defined waves, characterized by their circular motion and intricate pattern, offer a bold and impressive look. If you’re a beginner interested in achieving and taking care of 720 waves, this guide is here to help you on your journey.
Getting and maintaining 720 waves requires commitment, patience, and a consistent hair care routine. In this article, we will explore the step-by-step process for beginners to obtain and care for 720 waves effectively. Whether you have coarse or curly hair, or even if you’re starting with shorter hair, this guide will provide valuable insights and techniques to help you achieve remarkable 720 waves.
From understanding the fundamentals of 720 waves to establishing the right hair care routine, we will cover everything you need to know to embark on this wave journey successfully. We will delve into brushing techniques, recommended products, maintenance strategies, and how to overcome common challenges along the way.
Remember, achieving 720 waves is a process that requires time and dedication. It’s important to approach this journey with a positive mindset and a willingness to embrace the learning curve. So, let’s dive in and discover the world of 720 waves together, unlocking the secrets to attaining and caring for these impressive waves that will make heads turn.
What are 720 waves
These waves are highly defined, uniform, and often seen as a sought-after hairstyle among individuals with textured or curly hair. The name “720 waves” comes from the idea that the waves are continuous and cover the full circumference of the head, resembling a complete rotation.
To achieve 720 waves, the hair is trained and brushed in a specific manner to encourage the formation of consistent wave patterns. This typically involves regular brushing sessions, appropriate hair care, and the use of wave-enhancing products or pomades to enhance the wave definition and shine.
720 waves require dedication and patience, as it can take time for the hair to adjust and for the wave pattern to develop fully. The specific techniques and methods used to achieve 720 waves may vary depending on individual hair type, texture, and density. However, the ultimate goal remains the same: to create a visually striking pattern of waves that encompass the entire head.
Whether you have coarse, curly, or textured hair, obtaining and maintaining 720 waves can be an exciting and rewarding journey. With the right techniques, consistent care, and a commitment to the process, you can achieve remarkable 720 waves that showcase your personal style and flair.
The difference between 360 and 720 waves
The terms “360 waves” and “720 waves” are often used interchangeably, and both refer to a specific wave pattern that covers the entire head. However, there is a subtle difference in the level of wave definition and complexity between the two.
The difference between 360 waves pattern and 720 waves pattern is the direction hair is brushed. For a 360 waves pattern, one brushes the hair from the crown to the hairline. 720 wave pattern all the hair is swirled sideways in a clockwise direction from the head’s crown. Due to the wave pattern formation, one cannot shift from 360 waves to 720 waves without shaving their entire hair..
Products necessary to get 720 waves
To achieve and maintain 720 waves, there are several key products that can help enhance your wave pattern and keep your hair healthy. Here are some products that are commonly used in the process:
- Wave Brush: A high-quality wave brush is essential for training and shaping your waves. Look for a brush with firm bristles that can effectively distribute natural oils, stimulate the scalp, and encourage wave formation. Brushes with a curved or contoured design can be particularly helpful for creating the circular motion of 720 waves.
- Durag or Wave Cap: Wearing a durag or wave cap is crucial to protect your waves and maintain their shape. These head coverings help compress the hair and keep it in place, preventing frizz and preserving the wave pattern. Opt for a durag or wave cap made from satin or silk material to minimize friction and maintain moisture in the hair.
- Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner: Choose a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner suitable for your hair type. Look for products that hydrate and nourish the hair, as maintaining moisture is essential for healthy and well-defined waves. Avoid shampoos with harsh sulfates that can strip the hair of its natural oils.
- Wave Enhancing Pomade or Gel: Using a wave-enhancing pomade or gel can help define and hold your waves in place. Look for products specifically formulated for waves, as they often provide the right amount of hold, shine, and flexibility without weighing the hair down. Apply the pomade or gel sparingly to avoid product buildup.
- Leave-in Conditioner or Moisturizer: A leave-in conditioner or moisturizer can help keep your hair hydrated and nourished throughout the day. Look for lightweight formulas that won’t weigh down your waves. Apply a small amount to damp or dry hair to maintain moisture and reduce frizz.
- Hair Oil or Serum: Incorporating a hair oil or serum can add extra shine and smoothness to your waves. Look for lightweight oils or serums that won’t leave your hair greasy. Apply a small amount to your fingertips and distribute it evenly through your waves for a polished look.
Remember, it’s important to choose products that work well with your hair type and preferences. Experiment with different brands and formulas to find the ones that suit your needs and enhance your 720 waves effectively. Additionally, maintaining a consistent hair care routine and practicing proper brushing techniques are key factors in achieving and maintaining well-defined 720 waves.
How to get 720 waves
To achieve 720 waves, follow these steps:
- Start with Low-Cut Hair: Begin with low-cut hair or a short haircut. This allows the waves to develop and form more easily.
- Cleanse and Condition: Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair and scalp healthy and nourished. Avoid over-washing to prevent excessive drying of the hair.
- Brushing Technique: Start by brushing your hair in the direction of the desired wave pattern. Use a wave brush with firm bristles and brush in long, consistent strokes. Begin at the crown of your head and brush towards the front, sides, and back in circular motions. Maintain a steady brushing routine for at least 10-15 minutes, twice a day.
- Train Your Waves: While brushing, use a durag or wave cap to compress your hair and hold the wave pattern in place. Wear it consistently, especially after brushing sessions and overnight, to encourage wave formation.
- Moisturize: Apply a water-based moisturizer or wave-enhancing pomade to keep your hair hydrated and enhance wave definition. Use a small amount and distribute it evenly through your hair, focusing on the areas where you want to see more definition.
- Maintain a Healthy Scalp: Keep your scalp clean and free from buildup by regularly washing and exfoliating. This promotes a healthy environment for hair growth and wave formation.
- Be Patient and Consistent: Achieving 720 waves takes time and dedication. Stay committed to your brushing routine and hair care regimen. Be patient with the process and understand that it can take several weeks or even months to see noticeable results.
- Adjust as Needed: Pay attention to how your hair responds to brushing and adjust your technique or brush angle if necessary. Everyone’s hair is unique, so be flexible and adapt your routine based on what works best for your specific hair type and texture.
How to maintain 720 waves?
Maintaining 720 waves requires ongoing care and attention to preserve the wave pattern and keep your hair healthy. Here are some essential tips to help you maintain your 720 waves:
- Brushing Routine: Continue to maintain a consistent brushing routine. Brush your hair daily, preferably twice a day, using a wave brush with firm bristles. Focus on brushing in the direction of the wave pattern to reinforce and enhance the waves.
- Durag or Wave Cap: Wear a durag or wave cap regularly, especially after brushing sessions and overnight. This helps to compress your hair, protect the waves, and maintain their shape. Choose durags or wave caps made from satin or silk material to minimize friction and preserve moisture in your hair.
- Moisturize Regularly: Moisturize your hair to keep it hydrated and prevent dryness. Use a water-based moisturizer or wave-enhancing pomade to add moisture and enhance wave definition. Apply a small amount evenly throughout your hair, focusing on the areas where you want to maintain the wave pattern.
- Avoid Over-washing: Limit the frequency of washing your hair to prevent excessive drying. Washing your hair too frequently can strip away the natural oils that help maintain moisture and protect the hair. Opt for gentle, moisturizing shampoos and conditioners when you do wash your hair.
- Nighttime Maintenance: Before bed, brush your hair and wear a durag or wave cap to preserve your waves overnight. This helps prevent the waves from getting flattened or disrupted while you sleep. Additionally, consider sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase to minimize friction and maintain the wave pattern.
- Regular Trims: Schedule regular trims to keep your hair healthy and free from split ends. Trimming the ends of your hair prevents them from becoming damaged and ensures that your waves appear neat and well-defined.
- Protect from Harsh Elements: Shield your hair from harsh weather conditions, such as extreme sun exposure, excessive wind, or saltwater. These elements can cause dryness, frizz, and damage to your waves. Consider wearing a hat or using a protective spray when exposed to such conditions.
- Overall Hair Care: Maintain a healthy hair care routine by using suitable products for your hair type and avoiding excessive heat styling or chemical treatments that can damage your hair. Regularly deep condition your hair to keep it nourished and strengthen the strands.
How long will it take to get 720 waves
The time it takes to achieve 720 waves can vary depending on several factors, including your hair type, texture, density, and how consistently you follow the necessary steps. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to develop well-defined 720 waves. However, it’s important to note that everyone’s hair is unique, and individual results may vary.
Consistency is key in the wave-building process. Dedicate time to brushing your hair daily, using the proper techniques and products, and wearing a durag or wave cap regularly. It’s also important to maintain a healthy hair care routine, including moisturizing your hair, avoiding over-washing, and protecting your waves from harsh elements.
During the initial stages, you may start to see some progress and the beginning formation of waves within a few weeks. However, achieving full and well-defined 720 waves may take longer, especially if you’re starting with shorter hair or have a different hair texture.
Patience is essential throughout the journey. It’s normal to experience some setbacks or uneven wave patterns along the way. Stay committed to the process, adjust your techniques if needed, and continue to care for your hair consistently. With time and persistence, you can achieve and maintain remarkable 720 waves that showcase your personal style.
Importance of commitment and consistency in achieving 720 waves
Commitment and consistency are crucial elements when it comes to achieving 720 waves. Here’s why they are important:
- Training Hair: Developing and maintaining 720 waves requires training your hair to adopt a specific wave pattern. This process takes time and consistent effort. Without commitment, it’s challenging to establish the discipline needed to adhere to the required brushing routine, wearing a durag or wave cap, and practicing proper hair care consistently.
- Wave Formation: Consistently brushing your hair in the desired wave pattern helps train the hair to conform to that pattern. Regular brushing sessions stimulate the scalp, distribute natural oils, and encourage the formation of waves. Without consistent brushing, the waves may not develop as desired, and the pattern may become uneven or less defined.
- Retaining Wave Pattern: Waves can be sensitive to external factors and easily disrupted. Wearing a durag or wave cap regularly, especially after brushing, helps protect and retain the wave pattern. Consistently using these protective coverings ensures that the waves stay intact and undisturbed, even during sleep or physical activities.
- Hair Health: Consistency in following a hair care routine promotes overall hair health, which is essential for achieving and maintaining 720 waves. Regular shampooing, conditioning, moisturizing, and deep conditioning nourish the hair, keep it hydrated, and prevent dryness and breakage. Neglecting consistent hair care practices can lead to hair damage, which hinders wave formation and progress.
- Progress and Improvement: Achieving well-defined 720 waves takes time and patience. Consistent effort and commitment allow you to monitor your progress, identify areas that need improvement, and make necessary adjustments to your brushing technique, hair care routine, or product usage. By staying committed, you can track your development and work towards refining and enhancing your wave pattern.
Brushing Techniques for 720 Waves
Brushing techniques play a crucial role in developing and maintaining 720 waves. Here are some key brushing techniques to help you achieve well-defined waves:
- Brush with the Grain: Brush your hair in the direction of the wave pattern. This means brushing from the crown of your head towards the front, sides, and back in a circular motion. Follow the natural growth pattern of your hair to encourage the waves to form and align properly.
- Use a Wave Brush: Invest in a high-quality wave brush with firm bristles. Wave brushes are specifically designed to stimulate the scalp, distribute natural oils, and shape the hair into waves. Choose a brush with a contoured shape or curved bristle pattern to help create the circular motion characteristic of 720 waves.
- Maintain Consistent Brushing Sessions: Dedicate regular brushing sessions to train and define your waves. Aim for at least 10-15 minutes of brushing twice a day. Consistency is key, so try to establish a brushing routine that works for your schedule and stick to it.
- Brush from Different Angles: Vary your brush angles to ensure even wave development and coverage. While the circular motion is the foundation, you can also brush from different angles, such as brushing forward, backward, or diagonally, to encourage waves to form in all directions.
- Apply Proper Pressure: Apply enough pressure with the brush to stimulate the scalp and encourage wave formation, but avoid excessive force that could cause discomfort or damage to the hair and scalp. Find a balance where you feel the brush reaching the roots of your hair without causing pain or irritation.
- Be Patient and Gentle: Patience is essential when brushing for 720 waves. Avoid rushing the process or aggressively brushing your hair. Be gentle yet consistent with your strokes to prevent hair breakage and maintain a healthy scalp.
- Brush Evenly: Ensure that you distribute your brushing strokes evenly throughout your hair to promote uniform wave development. Pay attention to areas that may require extra attention, such as the crown or hairline, and brush them thoroughly.
- Post-Brushing Compression: After brushing, wear a durag or wave cap to compress your hair and set the waves in place. This helps maintain the shape of your waves and prevent them from getting flattened or disrupted.
Mastering the brushing techniques is essential for achieving and maintaining well-defined 720 waves. Consistency, patience, and attention to detail are key factors in developing the desired wave pattern. By following the proper brushing techniques, you can encourage wave formation and create a striking circular motion that characterizes 720 waves.
Remember to brush with the grain, invest in a quality wave brush, and maintain regular brushing sessions. Vary your brush angles, apply proper pressure, and distribute your strokes evenly to ensure uniform wave development. Stay patient, as achieving well-defined 720 waves takes time and dedication.
In addition to brushing, don’t forget to protect your waves by wearing a durag or wave cap to maintain their shape and prevent disruption. Moisturize your hair regularly, maintain a healthy hair care routine, and stay consistent in your efforts.
The journey to 720 waves is a personal and rewarding one. Embrace the process, make adjustments as needed, and stay committed to your brushing routine. With dedication, proper techniques, and a positive mindset, you can achieve remarkable 720 waves that reflect your unique style and confidence.
So, grab your wave brush, maintain a consistent routine, and enjoy the transformation of your hair into impressive 720 waves. Embrace the journey and rock your waves with pride.