Braiding your hair can be a great way to express yourself, but after a few days, it can start to look messy and frizzy. This is especially true for braids with blunt ends.
Blunt ends make the braid look dull and uneven, which can take away from the overall aesthetic of the style. Fortunately, there are ways to fix blunt ends on braids quickly and easily.
In this article, we will discuss some tips you can use to keep your braids looking fresh and polished all day long. From using hot tools to adding extensions, read on to learn how you can keep your braids looking neat and healthy!
How To Fix Blunt Ends On Braids
If you have blunt ends on your braids, don’t worry—there are a few easy ways to fix them! Here are some steps you can follow to fix blunt ends on braids:
- Wet the ends of your braids: Using a spray bottle, mist the ends of your braids with water to dampen them slightly.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner or oil: Use a leave-in conditioner or oil, such as argan oil or coconut oil, to help smooth and moisturize the ends of your braids.
- Comb through the ends: Use a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush to gently comb through the ends of your braids, helping to distribute the leave-in conditioner or oil evenly.
- Use a hair straightener or flat iron: If you have a hair straightener or flat iron, you can use it to smooth out the ends of your braids. Simply clamp the flat iron over the ends of your braids and hold it in place for a few seconds. Be sure to use a heat protectant spray to minimize heat damage.
- Trim the ends: If the ends of your braids are still blunt after trying the above steps, you may need to trim them. Use a pair of hair-cutting scissors to carefully snip off any split ends or damaged areas.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix blunt ends on your braids and help them look smoother and healthier.
How do you fix edges in box braids?
Here are some steps you can follow to fix the edges of your box braids:
- Gently brush the edges: Use a soft bristle brush or a toothbrush to gently brush the edges of your box braids. This will help to loosen any tangles or knots and smooth out the edges.
- Use a light oil or edge control product: Apply a small amount of a light oil, such as coconut oil or argan oil, or an edge control product to the edges of your box braids. This will help to moisturize and smooth out the edges.
- Use a silk or satin headscarf or pillowcase: At night, wrap your head in a silk or satin headscarf or use a silk or satin pillowcase to help protect the edges of your box braids and prevent them from drying out or becoming frizzy.
- Avoid pulling on the edges: Try to avoid pulling on the edges of your box braids or styling them too tightly, as this can cause damage and lead to frizziness or breakage.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the edges of your box braids and keep them looking smooth and healthy.
how to get rid of blunt ends on braids
If you’re like me, you love the look of braids but hate how quickly they can become frizzy and dry-looking. One of the quickest ways to achieve this is by getting rid of blunt ends on braids.
- Use a sharp pair of scissors. This may seem obvious, but using a dull pair of scissors will only make your problem worse. A sharp pair of scissors will help you get a clean cut and avoid split ends.
- Cut at an angle. When cutting your hair, be sure to cut at an angle rather than straight across. This will help prevent your hair from looking too blunt and give it a more natural appearance.
- Use a leave-in conditioner. After you’ve trimmed your hair, be sure to use a leave-in conditioner to keep your strands hydrated and looking healthy.
Blunt ends on braids can be quite a nuisance but luckily, there are plenty of solutions available to help you fix them. Whether you trim your hair or use heat to seal the strands together, these tips should help ensure that your braids look their best every time. So next time you’re dealing with annoying blunt ends, remember that there is hope – and it doesn’t have to take long!